Terms & Privacy
Once a booking has been made, Kate Powe collects your Personal Information including your name, DOB, address, email and Skype details as required for consultation purposes and to contact you about relevant health information that might be of interest to you. If you choose to download the free e-book, your name and email address is collected. In both these instances, you will receive a monthly newsletter.
You may opt out of the newsletter at any stage by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button in any email received or by replying to email@example.com
We will do our upmost to keep your email address private and will only use your email address to send you information from Kate Powe.
Your Personal Information will not be shared or sold to any third parties at any time.
In the process of conducting a private online consultation, your data is handled and protected as below:
- Our online booking system, Cliniko, stores personal data in cloud storage using their secure servers. This data includes the information you provide in the Initial Consult Questionnaire along with your ongoing treatment notes collected through our consultations.
- Any additional files you provide are saved to a secure, password protected laptop. Information is regularly backed up to an external hard drive via Time Machine.
- Should you choose to provide credit card details, they will be securely stored in an encrypted and PCI compliant manner via Pin Payments.
- Online consultations are held over Skype, Zoom or FaceTime in a private setting ensuring optimal connectivity and privacy.
Consultation Terms & Conditions
- All consults are conducted via Skype. Once you have confirmed your appointment, please send a Skype contact request to katepowe (Sydney/NSW/Aust) in advance of our session.
- Once an appointment is confirmed, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to an online questionnaire that should be completed ASAP.
- I am an Australian-qualified Naturopath. I am not a doctor and cannot prescribe any medications including hormones.
- You can read more about me here: http://www.katepowe.com/about-kate/
- If you reside outside of Australia, you can discuss possible testing with me, but you will also have to consult your local physician.
- If you reside in Australia, I can directly order standard and/or functional pathology tests (non-Medicare rebatable) or I can refer you to your GP who may cover the tests under Medicare. Results of any GP-ordered/Medicare-covered tests will not be forwarded to me. It is your responsibility to follow these up and email copies to me prior to our next appointment. Where we have agreed to testing outside of the Medicare/Medical system and I have provided you with a non-Medicare request form, these test results will be available to me. It is useful to let me know via email once you’ve had your testing so I can keep an eye out for your test results.
- If you have any current pathology (past 3-4 months) pathology, please send through prior to your appointment.
- NB – For future pathology tests, it’s important to always fast for 8 to 12 hours before all blood tests. You are encouraged to drink water (only) within this period to ensure an easier draw. Keep this in mind if your doctor draws blood during their appointment.
- I may recommend diet and lifestyle changes, nutritional supplements and herbal medicines.
- Where possible, I will prescribe items you can buy locally or online or Practitioner Only/Professional supplements can be arranged to be sent from my own dispensary in Australia if online ordering is difficult in your country.
- There can be a large difference in quality across supplement brands and manufacturing processes. As such, I cannot guarantee quality or efficacy of retail supplements outside of my initial recommendations but may guide you to more reputable brands.
- Please understand if you choose to source your own products, I cannot assess each individual product and its ingredients for you unless the review takes place within your consultation.
- Initial Consultation Fee: 45-60 mins, AUD $190 (NB: Skype consults are generally 45 mins “talk time” to allow for after-session treatment summary and supplement recommendations to be compiled and emailed.)
- 1st Follow Up Consultation Fee (and extended appts): 45-60 mins, AUD $190.
- Initial Consult Package (Initial + 1st Follow Up): AUD $360 paid upfront. Your second appointment will be made during our first appointment and must take place within 6 weeks of your initial consult. Please let me know if you would like to take up this option.
- Subsequent Follow Up Consultation Fees: 30 mins – AUD $140
- Follow Up Consultation 4-Pack: 4 x 30 mins – AUD $510 ($50 discount). Sessions to be used within 6 months of purchase.
- Mini Follow Up: 15 mins – AUD $65
WHAT’S INCLUDED IN A CONSULTATION
Your consult fee includes:
- Pre-consult questionnaire and pathology review prior to your appointment;
- Post-consult email outlining your treatment summary and supplement ordering/processing/recommendations;
- E-mail response to questions or clarifications re: the treatment summary provided within one week of receiving your treatment plan OR in case of emergency (in an emergency, please contact the nearest emergency department and your primary health care practitioner immediately). For any on-going questions regarding your case, a follow-up appointment is required.
Your consult fee does not include:
- On-going email/text/phone advice on your case post-consult without a follow-up appointment.
HOW DO I PAY?
- Once your appointment has been confirmed, you will be invoiced immediately and may pay any time up to 48 hours before your appointment.
- Payment details are supplied on your invoice and include direct debit, PayPal or credit card at the start of your consult (please notify me if you intend to take this option). Please note I cannot take Debit Cards, Amex or Diners Club.
- If pre-payment has not been received within 48 hours of your appointment time (or you have not notified of your intention to pay by credit card at the appointment), you will receive a reminder invoice/email. If no contact has been received after 24 hours of your reminder, the appointment will be cancelled to allow for other clients who may be waiting.
- Because of the time put into pre-case work, no refunds will be issued for late, missed or cancelled appointments once payment has been received.
- A credit may be held for a period of 1 month if you are unable to make your appointment time and need to reschedule.
PRIVATE HEALTH FUND REBATES
- No Health Fund Rebates are available for Skype appointments.
CONTACT AND APPOINTMENT BOOKINGS
- The fastest way to reach me is at firstname.lastname@example.org or book online here. Please note the calendar is in Sydney, NSW Australia time so convert to your local time before booking: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Alternatively, email me directly to work out a suitable time. Additional appointment availability is often available on request to suit your time zone.
- Please keep out of hours contact with me to (brief) emails only. I am often not contactable by phone, and I can’t reply to personal queries received via Facebook, Skype or social media. I always endeavour to respond to emails within 24 hours.
- If you’d like to surround yourself with a great group of supportive women and my help on general hormone topics, then join me in my Hormone Group and FB Page.
NUTRITIONAL CONSENT (U.S)
According to the US Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, as amended, Section 201 (g) (1), the term “DRUG” is defined to mean: “Articles intended for use in the Diagnosis, Cure, Mitigation, Treatment or Prevention of disease.” A vitamin is not a drug. NEITHER is a Mineral, Trace Element, Amino Acid, or Herb. Although a Vitamin, Mineral, Trace Element, Amino Acid, or Herb may have an effect on any disease process or symptom, this does not mean that it can be misrepresented or be classified as a drug or that recommended supplements are a treatment for said condition. Therefore, please be advised that any suggested supplemental, nutritional or dietary advice is not intended as any primary treatment and/or therapy for any disease or particular bodily symptom. Nutritional counseling, nutritional advice, vitamin recommendations and the adjunctive schedule of nutrition is provided solely to upgrade the patient’s diet in order to supply good nutrition by supporting the physiological and bio-mechanical processes of the human body. I understand that nutrition recommendations are not a treatment of any disease or other medical conditions and that nutritional or dietary programs are not guaranteed and no promises have been made regarding them.
By booking a consultation with Kate Powe, I agree that I have READ, UNDERSTOOD and ACCEPT the foregoing and understand this also applies to any and all subsequent consultations and advice.